| Photo taken by Papa on Monday |
Nate is a year and 1/2 as of yesterday, January 11th!
He had his 18 month appointment and weighed 26.5 pounds. I have no idea how tall he is due to the fact that he was screaming- very loud- during the measurements. He was screaming very loud during the weighing too- but I checked to scale when the nurse left to get his weight.
Toothbrushes still top the favorite toys list but he now also enjoys:
-mini vacuum cleaner and broom
-any water activity; water table, random dishes and bowls filled with water, his bath toys
-crawling up and down stairs
-laying on any bed that someone will hoist him on to
-cuddling with blankies and Mommy/Daddy
The cuddling with blankies is my favorite part about this stage. He will give a cute little smile and snuggle on into me. It can be at any part of the day.
I also like that I don't have to carry his stroller everywhere we go. We can make trips where he will walk and listen most of the time.
I enjoy watching him discover something for the first time and seeing him play with a toy the "correct" way.
I wish that he had more words...as in just about any...but we are working on that. I also wished he napped better...but he doesn't seem to want to work on that one at all. This has certainly been the month (or so) of the tantrums.
He'll throw a fit if he doesn't want to do something, when you cant understand what he wants or even just because he hates Target. I can handle the first two, because that would make me frustrated too but Target??? Who doesn't like Target? Seems completely unacceptable.
Even during the hard parts of 18 months, I wouldn't change him in any way. I cant believe a year ago he was 6 months. I cant believe in 6 more months, he will be two years old. We all love him so much.
He is such a cutie!
ReplyDeletehe's so adorable! Time is going by so quickly!!
ReplyDelete