Anyway, it was such a great feeling to hear school was cancelled. Typically, we now get a 5am pre-recorded wake up call stating delays or cancellations.
But....the weather people were predicting the "Blizzard of 2011" today so we got email/phone calls last night. It was nice not to have the 5am wake up call. I may not have minded everyone running into my room and listening to the radio...but we are in 2011 now so we'll go with it.
Jay also got to work from home. A change from his past "regime" which would have made him brave the elements and traffic conditions....so we are very grateful.
We spent the morning lounging in our jammies.
Had lunch at Mustys.
Spent a very short amount of time outside.
| Jack and a neighbor playing outside |
| Yes, there is jelly all over Remys face. It was a snow day...remember? |
| Remy and Daddy (in background) |
| Did I say "we" went outside? Nate and I watched the fun from inside. Remy too after her short trip outside. |
And had a little happy hour with our neighbors.
I love snow days!
Looking for some more Snow Day posts? Check out my friend Tanya's blog!
We have snow day number 2 here. I am not really sure why but i'll take it. I just hope the kids dont ask to go outside. Brrr
ReplyDeletePS love the popcorn maker! Sounds like you had a good day
I love snow days too! And its so fun to read about a mom who loves having all her kiddos home from school to play!!! You are SUCH a good mom, and I know Jack, Remy and Nate think so too! xoxo
ReplyDelete