Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

We had a fun weekend celebrating Mothers Day!

On Saturday we had a brunch to celebrate my Mom.  Grammi, Papa and Uncle Dana came over and because the weather was so beautiful, we got to sit outside and relax.  Jay and my Dad put together a nice spread of food and Dana supplied a wonderful cocktail. 

After brunch, Grammi and Remy went to The Worcester Art Museum.  Nate and I went to watch Jack's baseball game where Papa met up with us.

We made it an early night because on Sunday we had plans to go to Canobie Lake (amusement) Park for the day.

I woke up to breakfast in bed made by Jack.  He made me a bagel and coffee all by himself.  He also brought up presents that he made at school.  I'll never tire of those cute little Mothers Day projects the teachers have the children make. 

Remy gave me a book that she wrote herself (her go-to gift these days) and a project of our hands together. 

All the gifts inspired Nate to bring in something.  He told me he would be "Right backkkk" with his gift.  He came back up with another book that Remy had written but claimed it as his own.  "I made this for you" he said.  That made us all laugh.

After breakfast, we all got ready to head to the amusement park.  I had been wanting to take the kids there forever so when I saw the discount "Mothers Get In Free", I thought it was a sign.  I should have known it was actually a sign that the park would be really crowded but we had a great time anyway.

There wasn't a single ride that Jack didn't want to try.  He was so excited and animated the whole day.  Nate was apprehensive at first but then cried for over a half hour when we had to leave.  He went on all the kiddie rides.  Remy was sweet enough (and small enough) to go with him.  She was such a great big sister.  She had no interest in roller coasters so I thought maybe the spinning rides would be fun.  I took her on the Tea Cups once and she was done with that too. 

We had lots of greasy park food and played lots of park games but by the end of the day, Jay and I were reminded of the things we didn't like about parks.  It has HOT in the sun, and being hot waiting in line with other hot people for long periods of time with young kids is not fun. 

Being there reminded me of being a Mom- most things about it are wonderful and have you smiling from ear to ear, laughing like you never had before..then there are also the parts that you wish you didn't have to deal with but at the end of the day you wouldn't change a single thing. 
I love my babies!
Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there.

1 comment: