Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MLK Weekend

I had been following some posts on facebook and saw the following quote:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK. 

Love that quote and thought it was worth sharing for Martin Luther King Day.  I also found out recently MLK was a vegetarian.  His equal rights included animals!  What a man.  I hope that in "real life" I can teach my children to always fight for what matters and to show compassion.

Beside wisdom and compassion, lets not forget that MLK gave us a nice long weekend in January.  What a great thing!
Our highlights included a trip to the bowling alley:
Remy was a great bowler...and very proud of it!

Uncle Dana joined us for the friendly competition.

Relaxing after bowling
Watching the Patriots game with family (not the loss- that part stunk):



Love the Statue of Liberty Pose.


And just hanging around:
Nate loves to sit without cushions!  Yes, that is Play-doh all over the bottom of his shoes.
Happy MLK Day Weekend to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really behind. :) LOVE that quote, and I too, hope that I can teach my children the same thing!!!

    ReplyDelete