Sunday, October 3, 2010

CMK

My Aunt Carole passed away this past Wednesday. 

She had been sick and struggling for what seemed like ages to me.  For years she dealt with long winter (and summer) colds, being stuck inside all day, coughing and unable to face the world of germs. 

When we would ask her how she was doing (being isolated and sick), she would always reply "Its better than the alternative."  Meaning death.  This past week, that changed.  Her passing put an end to her suffering and for that I am relieved.

Prior to her sickness, Carole lived a full life.  She had many professional accomplishments.  Many people who loved her.  Many people who can count numerous times that she supported them.

My favorite memories of Carole are the fun, crazy nights we spent with her.  When she first moved back here, it was like hanging out with your sixteen year old cousin.  She would come over, drink, laugh, tell stories, then get us busted by my parents for letting her hang out so late and drink so much.

She loved my children like she was a grandparent.  She complimented me often.  She celebrated our successes with us.  She just appreciated being around.

That's the Aunt that I will remember.  The person that I loved.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written Jess. I am so sorry that she has passed. I know you were close to her :(

    ReplyDelete