Tuesday, October 19, 2010

15 Months

Nate had his 15 month appointment this morning complete with three shots.

He is:
33 inches
25 lbs 12 ounces

Our little man is slimming down!  It was a shock a few weeks ago when I noticed that I could faintly recognize an ankle on his chubby little feet.  He has been walking, running and going non-stop to burn extra calories.  He still eats a ton.

His favorite toys:
Toothbrushes (he has at least 5)
An animal picture book
Jacks Army Men and Remys Littlest Pet Shop characters (both most definitely choking hazards)

He loves to hang out with Daddy!  He follows him all around.  He calls him "Ahhh-Dee" and "Daaad".  He looks toward the bedroom calls out for him at different times of the day.  When I say "Daddy is at work."  He waves and says "Bye-bye".

Jack and Remy are definitely the highlight of his day!  He loves going to the bus stop with them then waiting for them to come home.  At night, they give him lots of playtime and fight over who gets to have a bath with him.  Remy treats him really sweet in the bath and will try to help wash him.  Jack acts like a wild crazy boy and splashes around.  Nate is lucky to have both.

Mommy time means all different things...from a trip to the store, to a story book or just a nice cuddle with his blankie.  My favorite thing that he has learned to do recently, is play.  Really play.  Outside, I will try to chase him down.  When I say "I"m going to get youuuuuu."  He laughs and runs away for one second, only to turn an run full speed back with arms out for a big hug.  I love it.  Sometimes he alters this by laying down and waiting for a tickle.  Love that too.

I bring him all over the place and he is usually very good about being good.  There are exceptions....the loud shriek in the grocery store, the wiggle in the seat at Target, the running to the middle of the field during soccer.  Most of those tantrums are easily cured by food. 

As usual, I asked Jack and Remy what they like about Nate at this stage:

Jack
"I like that he is bigger and that he likes guacamole.  I like that he likes to do whatever we do- like a real copy cat."

Remy
"I love that he gets a dirty face more and that he waddles cute.  I like that he follows us where ever we go and when he screams."

We added Daddy to the mix this time since he was home early.  He said "I like how he is getting so funny."

We have all enjoyed these past 15 months with Nate! 

Here are a few pictures taken this afternoon outside....our little soccer star:




2 comments:

  1. He is slimming down!!! He is such a cutie pie! Great job Nate!!! Chloe likes guac too... maybe its a sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that his favorite toys are toothbrushes. That is too cute

    ReplyDelete