Friday, October 15, 2010

Thats Strange

He even looks guilty.... doesn't he?

It wasn't me!
There are many times during the week when I see something that seems a little out of place.  I find myself saying "That's strange?!" a lot.

Here's what you need to know:
A few days ago Jay bought some new dress shirts from Brooks Brothers.  We have a laundry system with a spot for dry cleaning/ironing.  We also have a bin for all the other clothes that need to go through the laundry.

This morning, I went to the dry cleaning area to get out the stuff that needed to be dropped off.  Then I double checked the clothes that need to be laundered just in case a dress shirt got mixed in.  Sure enough, I found two of the dress shirts that Jay bought...still all pinned together and with the tags on. 

I started asking myself- does he want me to wash these rather than dry clean?  Why did he leave all the stuff on and just throw them in there? 

I began to take them apart figuring that he did want them to go through the wash.  But then I noticed that one of them had french cuffs.  I didn't feel like ironing that one.  I decided I had better call him to double check what he wanted me to do.

I call him.  He is on the train.  He has no idea what I am talking about.  He tells me that he didn't put those shirts in there at all. 

"It had to be Nate" he says.  Ahhh, Nate.

Here is another one- I mentioned that my cousin Karen stayed with us for a few nights at the beginning of the week.  She sent me this in an email when she got home...

"Somehow a plastic toy ended up in my bag.  I think I know the culprit!!!"

There was also the case when we left the kids a few weeks ago with a babysitter so we could go to dinner.  When we got home, we asked her how everything went. 

She said  "It was great but there was one thing.  We couldn't find Jacks toothbrush.  Jack and Remy said that it happens all the time and it must have been Nate."

Jack had to use his finger to brush his teeth that night.  I found his toothbrush the next day in the dishwasher.

Now, some might think that we are using Nate as the scapegoat.  But if you were here...If you have ever seen him in action....you would know.  Its definitely him!

No comments:

Post a Comment