Friday, September 24, 2010

In the News

Need to make a bunch of cupcakes within the next few minutes so here is a brief update of the past week or so since I posted:

1. Remy turned 6.  Yes, she had a celebration in August with Bri and Molly, a party with family a few weekends ago and a party tomorrow with friends.  But on September 16th she officially turned 6. 


That morning I think she thought she turned 16 because she had a huge breakdown about not knowing what shoes to wear to school.  I know what I can expect in a few years for sure....

She had breakfast of her choice, a small celebration at school where she got to wear a crown all day, parent pick up (no bus), McDonalds for dinner and lots of outdoor playtime after school. 

2. Jay got a terrible case of poison ivy.  I wont post pictures but if you look at the pic above with Remy, in the background, that's where he got it from.  Bad for Jay and his friend Chad but doesn't it look good back there???

3. Jack and Jay were both on steroids.  Jay= ivy.  Jack=asthma.
Not much we could do about Jays ivy except wait it out but we are beyond over the fact that Jack gets so sick and has to go on those type of drugs.  So we are trying acupuncture for Jack now.  He was an immediate believer. 
He said that he liked how this "type of doctor tells you good things to eat and listens to you instead of just giving you a shot when you feel sick".
Apparently Jack thought that this was the only type of doctor he would ever need moving forward.  He told Jay that he was all done with his pediatrician.  Not the case, but I am glad that Jack is happy.
We will see how it all works out, but I have faith and I will do just about anything not to see my little guy with a nebulizer, pasty skin and difficulty breathing.

4. We have revamped our diet.
At the acupuncturist urging, we are trying new things mostly for the kids.
What does that mean?  I'll break it down for you like this.
Nate= eats anything.  Def eats anything that "you" are eating in front of him.
Remy= Will try most anything.  Is picky but has some healthy options that she will eat.
Jack=Nightmare. 
He will literally make himself sick over thinking of eating something that he thinks that he may not like.  That is always fun.  I sat with him at the table the other night waiting for him to finish the one small piece of zucchini on his plate.  I had flashbacks of my childhood when my brother Brian would not be allowed to leave the table unless he ate his steak.  Tough.

5. Nate is still into everything.  Not so much an update since he was always into everything but he has taken it to all new levels.  In the past few weeks, we have caught him trying to eat a pretzel out of the trash, walking around with an open bottle of Murphys oil soap, trying to "help" with the recycling, moving every one's toothbrush...you name it.
Jack lost his homework this morning and I actually believed for a minute that Nate threw it away, ate it or put it somewhere...come to find out, it was just Jack who moved it, as usual and forgot, but the thought crossed my mind that it was Nate. 

6.  Fall has begun.
School is well under way.  Everyone is tired but slowly adjusting.  Soccer has started for both Jack and Remy.  Jay is back on his "winter" work schedule which means later nights. boo.  Annual apple picking is done....


7.  And lets not forget the biggest most disgusting news of all...
I touched a dead bat in the attic. 
More on that later...stay tuned!!!!  Off to make those cupcakes now.





No comments:

Post a Comment