Monday, March 15, 2010

Best and Worst




Before bed, I like to ask Jack and Remy their best and worst parts of the day. It is a great learning experience. The "bad" parts help us to talk about what we could have done different or how to problem solve for the future. The "good" helps us to be grateful. They are both usually worth a laugh.

Here are the best and worst parts of my past few days:

FRIDAY

Best:
Remy was about to go to bed and told me that she had to ask me three questions:
Do snails have eyes?
Do worms have smiles?
What does God look like in real life and where in the clouds is heaven?

I loved this. It shows me how her little mind works. She has taken such an interest in science at school lately. Her brain must be in overdrive thinking about all the different animals and facts. Trying to describe God and heaven was a little beyond my "Friday night/end of the week brain" but she was very good about my half answer. Plus didn't she actually throw four questions in there???

Worst:
Remys parent/teacher conference. It went very well but it also was the last one that I will ever have for Remy at preschool. On to Kindergarten in the fall- very sad for Mommy.

SATURDAY
It was a busy day so I may have more than one for each. We allow this in the Herold best/worst game.

Best:
Going to Elliotts first birthday party and getting to have one of Grammis chocolate cupcakes.

Also, watching Uncle Bri visit with the kids. He played Wii with Jack, Zingo (kids bingo) with Remy and helped Nate walk around. Very cute. We love Uncle Bri for giving time equally to all three children and being so patient with Jay and I:).

Worst:
Auntie Molly couldn't make the last minute trip with Bri. We missed her terribly.

SUNDAY
Best:
Listening to Nate "talk" (see video) and the new computer I mentioned.

Worst:
Having to hit three different stores for groceries. Yuck.

MONDAY
Best:
Going to volunteer in Jacks art class and seeing his big smile when I walked in.

Making oatmeal cookies with Jack and Remy while Nate enjoyed a late afternoon rainy day nap.

Watching Jack and Remy try to catch leprechauns for St. Patricks Day (more on that soon).

Worst:
Getting my braces tightened.

So, try the best and worst in your house....you'll be surprised at what your spouse/child has to say. It may even be the "best" part of your day!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... I miss you guys too! Seeing that pic of Bri playing with Nate made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we are SOOOO playing best/worst in our house from now on! Literally LOVE the questions that Remy asked. Seriously, how do you have the cutest kids on the planet?!!

    ReplyDelete