Saturday, June 11, 2011

Flashback

Flashback:
I live in Marlboro in a cape style house with a basement pretty much exclusively made for kids.  All the furniture has handmade slip covers by my Mom.  We have a fireplace, a tv and a few toys down there.  I play "Foot War" with my brother(s) on the couch.  My old cabbage patch kids lay in the corner along with Brian and Dana's boy Cabbage Patch Kids.  My best friend is Alison.

Flash forward:

I have slip covered furniture for my own kids (that I wish I was talented enough to make myself).

A fireplace, tv and the old Cabbage Patch Kids are all my in house.


Nate LOVES Uncle BBB's old Cabbage Patch Kid, Davis.

Jack puts up with him too.

Jack and Remy play "Foot War".

Please note: Foot War is more effective when played on the couch.
My friend Alison and her daughter come over to play.

Cuties
Its been fun to have a walk down memory lane the past few days.  I love watching the kids do the same things that I use to do.  I love catching up with someone I knew forever ago.  Seeing it all through a "Mommy" perspective is amazing.

And how's this for perspective.....Remy asked me today why Xavier Roberts (yes, test your CPK knowledge folks) would sign a babies butt???  She thinks its gross and would have been more appropriate on the head.  Plus, "Someone made her and didn't sign her butt!". 

Maybe I should have AND how can she bad mouth Xavier Roberts.  Whats wrong with kids these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment