Friday, June 24, 2011

The Expected Milestone- Last Day of School

Getting kicked off present duty was the unexpected milestone.....but the last day of school is something we know comes every year.  A milestone we wait for.

(Jacks) First Day 2010-2011 Year

Last Day 2010-2011 Year

Jack and Remy had their last day of school on Wednesday.  It was a half day.  A day where the tradition is to find out your new teacher and classmates, tour your new classroom and receive your report cards.

Because I had to get Jack's asthma medication from the nurse before dismissal, I waited in the school lobby for the kids.  Remy walked with her kindergarten class down the hall with a HUGE smile on her face.  I knew that she was so proud to be done kindergarten and apparently happy with the class she got.  She told me her new teacher (Mrs Hunt) and screamed out that Bella and Sumi would be in her class.  She was practically squealing with excitement.  She gave Mrs. Lewis, her current teacher, a big hug. 
Then we waited for Jack.  Jack is very animated at any type of sporting game- playing or watching.  At school, around teachers, he tends to be a little more (seriously only a little more) reserved.  As he walked down the hall, I tried to get a read for his feelings but he just had a sheepish smile.  I found out that he got Ms. Marshall (continuing his string of teachers with the letter M).  He was excited about some of his classmates but also upset that Troy and Maeve were not in his class.  I don't think he is big on change to begin with....and Troy and Maeve are his very best friends.

Even with the rainy day, we set out to have a good time.  Jay and I had a whole day planned- more in the next post- but first we had to look at report cards together.  Here are some of my favorite comments and pictures of the kids:

Jack:
I have so enjoyed having Jack this year.  Even with all his sports bravado, he is really a sensitive soul.  (Best. Comment. Ever. and so true by his current teacher Ms Matteson)

I've enjoyed having Jack in class--he always has something positive and unique to offer his classmates.  He did an excellent job singing the blues for his classmates.  I urge him to keep up the good work in his future musical pursuits.  (music teacher)

First Day of Second Grade


Last Day of Second Grade
Remy:


First Day of Kindergarten

Last Day of Kindergarten
Remy's love for learning is catchy! She is ready for first grade. and
Remy has made many friends at Peaslee School! She is very kind when it comes to including other children in her play. (Mrs. Lewis)

Remy is a model student and I look forward to working with her next year. (Music teacher)

So now I am the very proud parent of a first and third grader.  We started the year at our old house with our big bus stop in front of our house....We finished it in our new house with me driving the "mini van bus" to and from school...and had many changes in between.  I'm glad to say its another year in the books!

Walking into school together on the last day.




No comments:

Post a Comment