Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fathers Day and the Unexpected Milestone

Ever since Jack was (about to be) born, I chose the Fathers Day gifts for Jay.  Through the years, the kids would maybe make something for Jay at school or a cute picture at home that I would include with his present.  But never did they buy their own gifts.
This year I was given a wake up call. 

A milestone that I was not expecting. 

This year, I was told, was the year Jack and Remy would be choosing a present to give to Jay. 

It turns out they also did not have the same present in mind.  So, in fact, they each chose a present.  And they each decided not to entertain a single idea I had.  When did my kids getting older and not listening to me happen? 

I don't know but I sure had a lot to process pre-Fathers Day.  Shocking.  I managed to pull myself together from this new not-needed-not-listened-to-but-still-need-to-provide-the-money-and-car state. 

It didnt help when Jack mentioned to Remy that she chose a good hat because Jay was "too old to like the really cool ones". 

But it did help that he picked a shirt exactly like one he already had because he likes to "dress like Daddy".

And it REALLY helped when on Fathers Day morning, all three children jumped into bed with Jay to wish him a Happy Fathers Day.



This was something I always dreamed would happen.  A husband I love and three cuties all snuggling together.  I didn't picture Davis, the Cabbage Patch Kid, naked on the pillow....but Nate and Davis seem to be a package deal these days so I am willing to add that to my "new dream".

After the shock of Fathers Day present shopping and the cuteness of the family morning, it was time to celebrate the other two important Dads in our lives...Papa and Uncle Dana.


Jack even picked a present for MY DAD?!

Papa, Dana, Elliott and bunny.


Dana never misses the chance to show Dad how much he reeeeaallllyyyy loves him.  Looks like Craig likes that.

Jay didn't move from this spot all day.  Kidding:)
We all enjoyed the day.  And I tried not to think about the next milestones.....big ones that I knew where coming our way this week.....Jacks first job and Kindergarten/Second grade coming to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment