Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall Back

I remember in college when we would turn the clocks back, it would be an extra hour to party.  After college, it would be an extra hour to sleep.  With kids, not only is it not an extra hour...but a full week of adjusting their schedule.  In fact, that is just another thing that I have learned with kids....

Fall Back + Kids = Spring Forward - Kids

You lose time somehow.  That "extra hour" you get is spent trying to adjust yourself to your new even earlier morning wake up time AND to adjust your children to their even later bedtime.  I'm not a fan....and I'm not even addressing the fact that it is pitch black at 5pm.

But life goes on....

We spent the day running around yesterday.  After swimming lessons for Jack and Remy, we went to the soccer fields for the last games of the season.

Its amazing how at the start of the season, we stand roasting in the sun and by the end of the season, we are bundled up and freezing.  The cold weather didn't stop the spectators though....Uncle Dana, Elliott, Grammi and Papa all came to watch.

Jack and Rems both had great games and were thrilled to receive their trophies. 

After soccer, we went to Grammi and Papa's for our new/old tradition of Sunday evening dinner. 

The kids were in bed by 7:30pm...I was in bed by 8:30...trying to do everything I can to find that extra hour somewhere!

A little game of catch to pass the time.
Jack in action.

I love you Nate!

What is that puffy thing on top of your hat Elliott? (Notice that Papa isn't preventing Nate's "curiousity".)

What did I ever do to you Nate?  I'm not happy.

Teammates!



2 comments:

  1. The worse part of changing the clocks is that you have to set your alarm for 2AM and then get up and change the clocks to 1AM and if you forget to reset the alarm you are up at 2AM again... CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dislike fall back too! We had a rough time this morning... well I did anyway because Chloe and Gavin were up an hour early! Yikes!

    Way to go Jack and Remy on a great Soccer Season :)

    ReplyDelete