Its me....Margaret
I loved that book! I know a million others did too. I often think about what it would be like to really be able to talk to god, the way Margaret did in the book. Dana, Jay and I got in a full conversation about it over Thanksgiving break. Of course Dana got Margaret's name wrong and lived up to his d'lyrical reputation but it still got me to thinking.
Here is a conversation I would have with God..Margaret style:
Are you there God? Its me Jessica.
Man, its been a tough week. As I talk to you, my back is killing me- like shooting pain. The type that you get when you combine carrying a heavy child with the stress of said child. I am sure you know what I mean.
I have been wondering lately, why do we really have to have winter? Its barely started and I think I may have a full break down if I have to spend another evening in the dark trying to stretch out bedtime for the kids. Its more than I can handle. If at all possible, please bring spring right away.
Also, thanksgiving was fun but I missed Brian and Molly. Why cant we have a really fast travel machine where you can go to sleep in one city and wake up in another? Without body scans.
That brings me to Christmas. I am excited and can not wait. But, I am sad that Jack and Remy are starting to wonder if there is in fact a Santa. Do you think you could make a real Santa? The pressure of trying to be the Santa for the kids, wrap the presents in different paper, do all the shopping and then have them question the innocent childhood tradition is also more than I can handle.
Speaking of back pain and in case you are curious, my back pain is not related to big you know whats. No problems there. Maybe someday I would like new ones but for now, I cant even think about how I would manage any down time. Keep me in mind for a flat stomach though. Please. Like Kelly Ripa. Maybe throw in a few nice appliances like she has too.
Thank you, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment