Yes, twelve months is just another way of saying "One". But for you Moms and Dads out there, you know you love to be more specific. No one says 1 and 1/2 ...you say 18 months. 14 months. 20 months. Some people carry it all the way up to 23 months and beyond...I specifically wrote 12 months in this case though because Nate had his twelve month doctors appointment yesterday.
He was:
31 1/2 inces long
24 lbs and 11 ounces
Just like his six month milestone, I asked Jack and Remy what they thought about Nate being one.
Remy said:
"I like when he pushes around his (grocery) cart and gives my (stuffed) animals a ride."
Jack said:
"I like that he is getting older like Elliott. Soon he will be able to play with me like Elliott does." Can you tell that Jack not only loves being a big brother but an older cousin???
So, what do I like about Nate being one?
-I like that I dont have to carry around bottles or worry about washing them any longer.
-I like that I wont have to buy anymore formula.
-I like that he is starting to interact with Jack and Remy so much more....and that he finds them very entertaining. We were at the park yesterday and Jack was trying to move across something similar to monkey bars but kept falling. Nate was laughing hysterically from his stroller. A big old belly laugh.
-Which brings me to my next thing- I love that he now has a big belly laugh that you can hear from far away. Its the cutest.
-I like being able to take him to the park, the beach and everywhere in between with a smaller bag than I use to. I can also stay at these places much longer...even if I have to spend my time chasing after him and keeping an eye on Jack and Rems.
-I love that he is starting to talk and communicate. After Dada and Mama his first word was Nate or "A-Nay Nay" as he likes to refer to himself. (This only confirms my fears that he is self-centered like his Dad...just kidding honey.) Its so cute to watch him approach Jack and Remy with something that he wants and say "A-Nay Nay". I cant wait to hear all his new words over the next few years.
-I like knowing that this is only the beginning of lots of fun, amazing times with my little boy.
I love Jack's comment about Elliott playing with him. Just wait until all of these boys are a few years older and running around together like wild men!
ReplyDeleteADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSooo cute! You guys are the best! I cant believe how tall he is! Holy cow! Your such a proud mama!!!
ReplyDelete