Monday, July 12, 2010

One


Baby Nate is One!

This past year has been amazing...having Nate has completed our family in all the best ways.
Yesterday we celebrated his first year of life.

When Nate first woke up, we made him his favorite...french toast. He devoured two pieces and some fruit.

We got him a grocery cart that he chose himself at the toy store a few days before. I had planned to get him a water table but as I was trying to buy it, I was chasing him around the store as he pushed the cart. He loved it so much.

But his first present of the day was actually a ride on horse from Grammi and Papa. It was a big hit with Nate and Remy.

We had a small family party at home and included Jacks 8th birthday celebration. Jack was good about reserving most of the fanfare and decorations for Nate. We had a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme...fitting for Nate considering how much he loves to eat.

We finished the day as a family of five outside on the swingset and in the back yard. It was so wonderful to watch all three children on the swings and playing on the slide together. Once again, I feel very blessed!

Happy Birthday to my sweet, happy, big baby boy. Thank you to everyone that was able to celebrate with us...and to those who sent well wishes and gifts from afar.




2 comments:

  1. He had a great day yesterday :) Love the pic where he is trying to kiss Chloe! Happy 1st bday Nate! You are such a big boy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't think I'm not going to steal that very hungry caterpillar balloon idea right out from under your nose. Absolutely adorable! Happy Birthday Nate-dog! (I predict this to be his nickname in high school.) :)

    ReplyDelete