We took the kids to Cyprian Keyes yesterday to celebrate our anniversary. Yet again- you can never have too many celebrations for the same event, right?
Jay and I agreed it was one of our best celebrations yet. Jack and Remy loved looking around and talking about the place we held our "party" years ago. We ate lunch outside and watched the golfers. There was even another couple hosting a reception there. Remy loved commenting on the bridesmaid dresses. She was, by far, the most intrigued by the idea.
For years Remy has thought that she would marry Jack. We have tried to explain that that would not (and should not!) happen. She is at the age where she is finally starting to put together why. I love that she pictures her life and future with him though.
She asked me yesterday "If I don't marry Jack, where will I find this other."
I gave her a long list of possible places they might meet and added that it would be most important that he is nice to her and that we approve. I figure I will add the "approve" part now- just in hopes that at the time she will actually care if we do or do not approve. Anyway...she thought for awhile and said "Don't I have to think he is cute too?" She got me there. I love watching her mind work.
Jack enjoyed the food and seeing all the golfers. He repeatedly asked if he could play there sometime. He thought it would be a good idea to ask Papa. (Papa- are you reading this? Would you like to drop some more money at Cyprian Keyes?)
Nate took in everything and got lots of attention from all the employees and patrons. He loved that.
When the groom (getting married that day) passed our table, Jay mentioned that we were married there 10 years ago. He took a look at our table and said "Looks like a productive few years." To which Jay replied, " Maybe it will be for you too." Meanwhile, the man was well into his seventies! I thought it was an odd thing to say and upon asking Jay later, found out that he thought the man was the father of the bride. Oh well. Made for a few laughs between us later.
Happy Anniversary! Love that Remy thought she would marry Jack. That's too cute. Hope the next ten are as great as the first... though not as productive. :)
ReplyDeletehahaha. That is too funny about the groom! Remy is just the sweetest little girl in the world. I am so happy Chloe will have such a possitive role model in her life :) And yes Remy, he should be cute! Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary weekend!
ReplyDeleteWell if THIS old guy can have kids, why can't your old groom?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wowowow.com/files/imagecache/508x349/2008_1110_wire-image-larry-king2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wowowow.com/photo-essay/mick-jagger-larry-king-older-fathers-trophy-kids-139786&usg=__s4XHua863Jf6WX_QI0DV3qo6HKg=&h=337&w=508&sz=30&hl=en&start=1&sig2=SQ426ZevUAjQP7xfjJMtHA&tbnid=zUO7tgLSgaP0hM:&tbnh=87&tbnw=131&ei=37FHTN-vBYOC8gbhv4mZAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlarry%2Bking%2Bchildren%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7SKPB_en%26biw%3D1436%26bih%3D661%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1
Ack. Now that didn't come out right at all.
ReplyDeleteIt's a pic of Larry King :-)
I LOVE that Remy asked "don't I have to think he's cute, too." ADORABLE.
ReplyDelete