Since Remy got highlighted in her "Big Weekend" post, I figured I would expand and make this a three part series; each child getting their own post. So we are on to Nate now....
Rather than the "time goes so fast with children" this one is more like "Nate goes so fast". The child is into E V E R Y T H I N G.
Besides having an "unhealthy" child, my biggest fear with number 3....a boy who would get into everything and had no fear. I had heard numerous stories of the Mom with (usually) a son who would jump off her car roof or dive into the deep end of the pool- at age 1. I know a Mom who had a plumber come out to look at her house only to find out her son had flushed a winter coat down the toilet- at age 2. All these stories made me laugh. Mostly because Jack and Remy were not these children. Remy had more of the no fear thing going on but our house was hardly baby proofed.

We have the outlet covers, had a stair gate, a few locks on the cabinets in the kitchen but that about covers it. No toilet seat lock, no multiple gates and our bedroom doors have always been open.....
Then comes Nate. I am pretty sure at this point that he is the baby I feared. He is into any and every thing that he can get his hands on.
There is no way to get ready with him around. I simply tried to put a pony tail holder in my hair yesterday and he dove head first into the toilet bowl- with a big smile. I finished pulling my hair back in the car and decided that those toilet locks probably are a good idea.

Try to brush your teeth? He is hanging on to some perch in the bathroom that you never knew was there and looking dangerously close to splitting his head open.

How about the kitchen? Make myself a cup of coffee? No way I am getting out of there without seeing him get to a drawer- with a latch mind you- pull everything out and open and shut it like a mad man. I need that coffee though so I watch this transpire while I pray that he doesn't slam his fingers and note that we need better locks.

How about the kitchen? Make myself a cup of coffee? No way I am getting out of there without seeing him get to a drawer- with a latch mind you- pull everything out and open and shut it like a mad man. I need that coffee though so I watch this transpire while I pray that he doesn't slam his fingers and note that we need better locks.
Doing the dishes? Impossible. He loves to open and close those shelves too. Then he'll try to climb into the dishwasher. Fun.

He is so fast with his crawling that there is no time to get away from this madness. Usually after I get done with the above "necessities" of the morning, I decide it would just be easier to sit on the ground with him in the living room.
Doesn't work either. He cruises around the furniture like a mad man. If there is a small toy anywhere in sight, he will try to taste it. I'll give him the walker to keep his hands busy. He starts off cute as can be, old man style walking real slow. Then he picks up the pace and slams the walker- and himself- into a piece of furniture. This leads to him making some type of crazy cackle that is a cross between scary and hilarious. I thought for awhile that he couldn't turn the walker, which led to the slamming. But wouldn't you know this morning, he was turning that thing all over the place, just to lead it into furniture to slam.
He is a crazy nut but he couldn't be more lovable. Every now and then, he will slow down for just a moment and lay his head on a pillow or my lap. He will suck his thumb for a minute or two and just take a break. It doesn't last long, but it melts my heart....and gives me time to get ready for the next round of destruction.
Its hard to believe that in less than a month he will be one. I also cant believe we ever lived without him. He has been such a blessing to our family. He is so loved by all of us- and so cared for by Jack and Remy. His smile is infectious and his personality hysterical. Maybe I did get that crazy boy I feared but I know now that I wouldn't have it any other way.
Its hard to believe that in less than a month he will be one. I also cant believe we ever lived without him. He has been such a blessing to our family. He is so loved by all of us- and so cared for by Jack and Remy. His smile is infectious and his personality hysterical. Maybe I did get that crazy boy I feared but I know now that I wouldn't have it any other way.
Note(s) about the pictures:
-These were all taken this morning before 8:15am. He woke up at 7:15am.
-The best part about taking the pictures was hearing Remy comment on each one "Don't you think we should stop him- thats a little dangerous?" I had to explain multiple times that I needed to get proof of what he did so I that could show him when he was older:).
-Also, in the bathroom picture with Jack brushing his teeth- check out his fancy new necklace. That gem was purchased yesterday at the pizza party for a mere 75 cents. Jack cant believe his luck as he believes it should retail for "at least $10". He is so happy that they had a "rich sign" in the machine. Wouldn't you be? (Here is a close up from the pizza party last night...sweet, right?)
What a little wild man! Just wait until our boys are running around together. Look out world!!
ReplyDelete