Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Fathers Day


First, I will start off with my own Dad. We didn't spend the day with him because he is in Chicago being Dad to Bri and Molly this weekend. (Molly graduated with her MBA this weekend...go Auntie Molly!).

My Dad is a great dad and a remarkable Papa- I think all four of his grandchildren (and three granddogs) agree. My Dad loves saying "It don't get much better than this" when he is at the Cape...I think that's the perfect way to describe him as Papa too.....sure doesn't get much better. Thanks for being so great Dad.

While my Dad was in Chicago, we headed to the Cape with Dana, Liz and Elliott.
This is Dana's second Fathers Day as a Dad. I knew times had changed when I woke up on Sunday and saw Dana carefully cleaning up an area where Elliott had gotten sick. Where have the mornings gone where Dana had to clean up his own mess from drinking the night before? I'm sure they still surface once in awhile especially considering this coming weekend is a bachelor weekend for him but....there is no doubt that Dana is a dad now.

I loved spending time with him this weekend and watching him interact with Elliott. In true Dana fashion, he has taught Elliott some dance moves and songs. He is sure to be a karaoke singing, crazy wedding dancer young man.

We also invited our longtime friends the Langlois family. Matt and Tanya have two boys and a baby girl. Like Jay, its Matt's first fathers day as a dad to 3 children.

Matt spent the weekend running around with the boys and cuddling with Chloe. Poor guy even got marked in the head with a "sword" that turned dangerous.

That leaves us with the last Dad of the weekend...Jay.
Definitely falling into the top 10 reasons why I love Jay would be that he is a fabulous Dad. Each one of our children loves him tremendously. He is always sure to give each child his/her time and this weekend was no different.


He too, spent time playing baseball with Jack and the boys. He went in the ocean with Remy and Nate. He grilled. Went for a run and out on a boat. And just relaxed.

It was a great weekend...with great Dads! Happy Fathers Day!


2 comments:

  1. so sweet! LOVE the picture at the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jess! It was a great father's day weekend. just catching up on my Party of Five reading. I'm def proud that Elliott has learned how to dance before he can walk!

    ReplyDelete