Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jack is so so so so cool.



Now on to Jack....

This kid is great. Its as simple and true as that. He is a sweet little boy who will talk your ear off about sports, try to get you to play a sport or game of any kind with him and pretty much always has a smile on his face. That is Jack in a nut shell.
Today, Jack presented his autobiography to the class. It wasn't exactly what I said above, but it wasn't far off.
His teacher had invited the parents to an "Authors Tea" a few weeks ago. Slowly Jack gave us information about the day... "I'm going to show you the book I wrote 'Jack is so so so so cool'." "I get to sign my name with a smelly marker."

Jay decided to work from home for the big event. Grammi watched Nate because Jack thought "He wouldn't be able to be quiet that long" and Remy came with. When we walked in, Jack gave a big smile and said only one thing "DDDaaaaddddyyyy". He didn't move from his spot though and remained all business. All the students were in a semi-circle on the rug with a single chair in the middle. The guests were seated around the rug in chairs.



Jack was the second student to present. His book was just as expected. It started with the basics "I have blond hair and blue eyes." He stayed away from the controversial like most students added " I have _____ skin".

He proudly told of his love for the Bengals and sports. He detailed how he liked watching and playing. He wrote about how he loved the outdoors and the ocean.

My favorite part was a picture he drew of himself with the words "I am a boy. I have small ears." I never thought of his ears any smaller than a "regular" boy but he must have heard that or noticed that somewhere along the line.

He took his time showing the audience the pictures and spoke nice and loud. We were so proud.

He didn't talk about his rich (dollar symbol) necklace today but he told me that he shared that prized possession with the class yesterday. I also noticed in his "Weekend News" he wrote about it. Apparently he even tried to trace the symbol on the page but it was a "little difficult". Here is what he wrote:

"I got a dollar necklace. It was so cool!!!!! I got it at Arthur's Pizza."
So that about sums it up, Jack is so so so cool, his necklace is so cool, we love him so much. He is finishing up first grade next week and we couldn't be more proud of him. He always has a smile and patience for his little brother. He loves running around with Remy and talking with me. By far, Daddy is his favorite person in the whole world.
He, like Nate, will have a birthday in less than a month. Go figure, it will be a Celtics party...win or lose the series (Win, Win, Win please). Each day he makes me laugh at the way he looks at life and himself. I hope that never changes. Just in case, I will save his autobiography to remind him!

1 comment:

  1. He is a sweet and kind boy! I am so happy that he is friends with jake and Gavin!!! You and jay are raising 3 terrific kids! Cherish that autobiography forever. Congrats Jack!!!

    ReplyDelete