A few weeks ago, I had to be the bearer of bad news. When I told the recipient that I had some bad news, she said "Are my knees going to go weak? Should I be sitting down?". I wasn't sure how to respond. Honestly, I didn't know how strong her knees actually were or how poorly/well she would take the news.
Then this past week, I was the recipient of some bad news. The person said to me "Are you sitting down?". This signaled to me that I was about to get bad news. I wasn't sitting but I lied and said "Yeah, yeah." At that point the person gave me the bad news.
Just got me to thinking, does it really help to be sitting down when you give/receive bad news? While giving the bad news wasn't fun and receiving it even less so, it reminded me how blessed that I am that I didn't actually have to be sitting.
But.....for the record, I think I am more of a "Do you want the good news or the bad news?" type girl.
Or as Remy puts it "Do you want the good news or the really good news?". I think I could use some really good news please, standing up.
This is just about the cutest little blog ever. And, yes please, I would like some good news whilst I stand up!
ReplyDelete