Some day, much too soon, I am sure I will be posting about one of my children graduating high school and leaving the nest. Today, I am simply posting Remy's big weekend. Even so, it was a weekend that made me realize, once again, that life with children moves very quickly.
Remy attends Nativity Nursery School in our town. Its an amazing school with wonderful caring teachers (and I don't just say that because I work there). She started three years ago, just before her third birthday. The amount of changes I have see in her since then are amazing. She loved going to school. She loved doing her "must-do" craft projects, going outside, spending time in the science room and playing with her friends.
Remy will start kindergarten in the fall. Beginning in the fall, I also chose to take a leave from working at Nativity to spend time with Nate. So Friday was my last day and Remy's graduation. At least three days a week for the past four years, I have had to be at Nativity; first for Jack when he attended school there, then for work and for Remy to attend. It was a difficult good-bye.

After graduation, we focused on celebrating though. We went with Grammi and Papa for lunch. Jack even got to stay home from school to come with us. He is at the age where he realizes this is a good thing. He told me that he would rather attend Remy's graduation ceremony than be "bored in school". Not sure if that meant he knew that he would be bored at the graduation too... but he sure did love going out to lunch. Nate too- if there is food, he is happy.
After graduation, we focused on celebrating though. We went with Grammi and Papa for lunch. Jack even got to stay home from school to come with us. He is at the age where he realizes this is a good thing. He told me that he would rather attend Remy's graduation ceremony than be "bored in school". Not sure if that meant he knew that he would be bored at the graduation too... but he sure did love going out to lunch. Nate too- if there is food, he is happy.
On Saturday, our friends Marci and Eric had a post-graduation celebration. The children got to play and run around. Jay made the adults a special drink that we appropriately named "The Graduate". We had fun eating, drinking and laughing on the back porch. Thankfully, we spent very little time thinking about our daughters growing up.



Today was also a big day for Remy because it was her last soccer game- and her first trophy ceremony. She had a great season. We loved to watch her run up and down the field and right after the ball. She tended to shrink back if the ball actually started towards her, but she never lost her enthusiasm. When the coach would ask "Who wants to go back in (to the game)?" Remy would throw her hand right up in the air.
Today was also a big day for Remy because it was her last soccer game- and her first trophy ceremony. She had a great season. We loved to watch her run up and down the field and right after the ball. She tended to shrink back if the ball actually started towards her, but she never lost her enthusiasm. When the coach would ask "Who wants to go back in (to the game)?" Remy would throw her hand right up in the air.
After the game, we headed to a pizza party for the team. Remy is one of few children who does not like pizza, so she didn't eat it but had fun hanging out. She really enjoyed her first season, making new friends and having her good friend Aly on the team.
So a big weekend of winding things up. Now that Remy and I are done with school and she is done with soccer....what will we do with ourselves? I guess we will just have to wait for Jack to finish school and baseball these next few weeks then concentrate on having a good summer.
I am certainly looking forward to that....although that means I will have an 8 year and 1 year old in a few weeks and be one step closer to Remy starting kindergarten. Yes, life with children moves quickly.
I am certainly looking forward to that....although that means I will have an 8 year and 1 year old in a few weeks and be one step closer to Remy starting kindergarten. Yes, life with children moves quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment