Have you ever looked at the dog adoption websites? They will have a cute little picture of the dog waiting to be adopted and a few things about them- for instance:
Dog: Milly
Likes:
Playing outside
Dislikes:
Being inside all day
Good with children over 4
Good with other dogs
Questionable around cats
I think for the good of most of my relationships, I should make one of these profiles about myself and hand them out when I meet someone. Then I could refer the person to my profile if any issue came about-
Example:
Friend- "You never answer the phone when I call." said in a sarcastic trying to be funny but really annoyed way.
Me- "Oh you should refer to my profile that I handed you when we first met- I dislike talking on the phone. You can email me instead."
Problem solved. No hurt feelings- no miscommunication- just being up front from the start. A disclaimer of sorts.
When I was younger, I use to wonder "What does so and so not like about me?". Now I can pretty much answer most times.
One of the (probably many) things that annoy other people about me:
I DONT ANSWER THE PHONE.
There are a whole list of reasons why I dont but here is the short run down.
-I worked at a call center for 5 years. All phone ALL THE TIME. 95% mad people on the phone.
-I have three kids. If I have a minute, I am preparing for when I dont have a minute. For my sanity, I cant spend that time talking on the phone. Also, most times I do not have a minute.
-At night when the kids go to bed, I may have a minute. Also for my sanity, I choose to watch mindless tv at that time or hang out with Jay instead.
I wont spend my time listing the other things- I'll save that for all the new people I meet. I dont want to point anything out to my existing friends that you may not have picked up on yet. I KNOW that you all know about the phone though so I threw it out there. Please...dont be mad, it was on my profile all along:).
AMEN!!!! What mom likes to talk on the phone during her one free minute? Not this one.
ReplyDelete