July 8th (7/8) and Jack turns 9. Reminds me of the joke....
Why was six afraid of seven?
Because Seven ATE Nine.
haha
This is our last year having little Jack in the single digits. Its totally unbelievable that nine years has passed since Jack was a little baby. And like I say every year, its also totally believable because most days I cant remember what life was like without him. Even for a minute. He started our family and he continues to guide the way for Remy and Nate daily.
I mentioned in the post about Jacks report card that his teacher wrote "behind all his sports bravado is a sensitive soul". Thats a perfect way to describe how Jack has been this past year(s). He continues to love watching and playing sports. He knows more sports statistics then most grown men. He wakes up every single day to watch ESPN for twenty minutes each morning.
His favorites to play are (in order) basketball, baseball and soccer. He loves football and hockey too but mean mommy wont let him play those on a team yet.
One of my favorite memories of Jack this year was when I got to go on his school field trip. He was so proud to have me there. He even held my hand a few times when his friends were around. I loved watching him laugh and interact with his classmates. I also loved how each mother told me how much their child loved Jack.
One of my least favorite memories of this year happened over Memorial Day weekend. Jack had a seizure while we were by the pool and at one point he stopped breathing. The pain and heartache I felt in those few minutes was unbearable. The emergency room and doctors visits that followed also made me ache for Jack.
In typical Jack fashion, he sheds a different light on everything. He explained the experience so clearly to his classmates and has been so brave. He understands that moving forward small things may need to change but he has taken it all with stride.
Jack amazes me everyday with his understanding of life, sports and friendships.
He is a no-nonsense nine year old already looking forward to a year from now when he turns ten. I feel so lucky to have him as my first born son.....And I'm looking forward to celebrating with him all weekend long!
Happy Birthday Jack! I have known you your whole life and it has been awesome seeing you grow into such a kind-hearted, super smart boy! You are also the greatest big brother and friend any one could ask for. Jess and Jay... This is all a reflection of you because you guys are terrific parents and truely an inspiration for me. Jack, I have said since you were prob 4 that you would be a sports commentator when you grow up... If this is what you choose, please send us tickets :) love you guys! Jack have a great Birthday!
ReplyDelete