Monday, July 18, 2011

I'd dive for you

Eleven years ago, Jay and I got married. 

For my entire life before I had known him, and his entire life before me, neither of us could dive.  Swimming, yes. Diving, no. 

It seems like I spent a life time of pool parties pretending the pencil was the coolest diving board trick around. 

The day I confessed to Jay that I couldn't dive....and he let me in on his secret...was only one more reason I felt destined to be with him.

Years passed.  We made jokes about it but mostly we didn't think about it.

Last week, Jay decided out of the blue that he was going to dive off the diving board.  And he did. I couldn't believe it.  I was so happy for him.  I was so shocked that he all of a sudden decided to do it and then got it done.

He inspired me.  On Friday, I decided to try to dive myself.  And I did.  A few times. 

So now we can both dive.  Now instead of both of us not being able to dive, we both learned to dive this year.  That's our "new thing".  And that is just one of the many things that I love about us.  We work together.  We listen to each other.  We help each other over fears.  Sometimes we push.  Sometimes we wait.

What a fun start to our second ten years together!

1 comment:

  1. Happy diving! I don't know how to dive either... maybe thats why we were destined to be friends :) Congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete