1. Baseball Fever
My husband had never played sports as a kid. He was that high school student at a performing arts school. I'll leave it at that. I could make lots of jokes but this is a post about why I love Jay...not about the things I can tease him about.
Although he wasn't a sports guy...he volunteered to coach Jacks baseball team when others didn't step up. Wait maybe one more side note, he sent a note inquiring about the number of otherwise work hours it would take to coach a baseball team....then a group email went out about how gracious it was of Jay to commit to coaching. But for the sake of Jack, we will say that Jay volunteered with open arms.
The truth is that it doesn't matter how he came about to coaching because Jay took on the task like no other. He went to the team draft, secured more than one Assistant Coach, researched practice drills and plain out rules the fields during games. Best. Coach. Ever.
2. And more baseball...
Not only is he coaching but also he took off a day during a particularly stressful week at work to take Jack to a Red Sox game. It was Cinco De Mayo. He had a conference call in the morning then rushed into the game in the afternoon. He and Jack ate their way to a good time. Tacos, Nachos, Cotton Candy and Hot Wings.
By the time they got home, Nate was in bed and Remy and I were relaxing together. Both Jack and Jay came in with the largest smiles and cutest hot wing sauce faces I have ever seen. LOVE.
3. Mothers Day
Jay did the best job of making me feel special. He let me sleep in this morning. Made breakfast. Made lunch. Took Jack and Remy to swimming. Took us all to the park- upon my request. Made us special drinks while I enjoyed the HGTV Mothers Day marathon. Was in charge of Nate ALL day. Bought me flowers. And took care of dinner. If you are keeping track, thats three meals plus drinks, "baby" watching and lots of indulgence. Perfection.
4. Without him, I would be without my three cuties.
I got really spoiled today but that didn't distract me from the fact that being able to celebrate Mothers Day is really the best gift of all. I am blessed to have three wonderful children with Jay. All three make my days that much better. I enjoyed a wake up smile from Jack, card in hand, ready to start the Mothers Day festivities. Watching TV with Rems and hearing her cheer herself to sleep with a song I taught her. And as usual, the joy of watching Nate trying to make the whole family laugh.
I got really spoiled today but that didn't distract me from the fact that being able to celebrate Mothers Day is really the best gift of all. I am blessed to have three wonderful children with Jay. All three make my days that much better. I enjoyed a wake up smile from Jack, card in hand, ready to start the Mothers Day festivities. Watching TV with Rems and hearing her cheer herself to sleep with a song I taught her. And as usual, the joy of watching Nate trying to make the whole family laugh.
Here are a few more recent pictures:
| HGTV Mothers Day marathon |
| I love waking up to this smile! |
| I swear I didnt tell them to pose like this but too cute! |
| Daredevil Nate at the park |
| Nate LOVES Daddy...at the park |
| My flowers |
No comments:
Post a Comment