Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow Day!!

Truthfully, it wasn't an official school snow day today.  It did snow though.  And for the past few weeks, I could have written AT LEAST one post a week about the kids being out of school.  About us being stuck in the house.  About my car sliding all over the place.  About the NEVER ENDING SNOW.  Remember a few weeks ago when I was so thrilled with our snow day?  The beautiful winter wonderland?  Not so much anymore.

I still love having the kids home.  That hasn't changed. 

We have been enjoying our time together and trying to make the most of being trapped inside.  Remy has been playing with Nate a lot.  She has really taken on some responsibilities as a big sister.  I have managed a few showers for myself while she watches over Natey.

The new responsibilities are just part of the growing up she that has been doing....my little girl also lost her first tooth!  Due to a previous tooth fairy blunder, she walked away with $10.  Or "TEN BUCKS!" as she kept telling everyone.

She said her favorite part about losing the tooth was when she called Uncle.  Elliott got on the phone and said "MeMeMeMe".  Which she took to mean that he was very excited to hear from her and about her tooth.

On my own tooth front, I went to the orthodontist on Monday and flat out admitted that I never wore those darn rubber bands.  I also demanded some sort of answer as to when this madness would be over.  Didn't get much of a commitment other than the fact that wearing my rubber bands would move the process along.  UGH.



Ugh is also appropriate when it came to the Super Bowl.  The Pats obviously weren't in it.  Neither were the Bengals.  (Or the Bears if you ask Jack ) Which basically means the only good part was the snacks.  And drinks. 

I'm hoping that one of these days it wont even be a possibility that I can post a "Snow Day" topic...that I will be back to the Cape and the warm weather.  Until then...Jay booked our trip to Florida in May for Maris and Jennifer's commitment ceremony.  It has to be warm in Florida by then...right?
How Jay gets through the cold weather....and a subpar Super Bowl

The kids chose to honor the Puppy Bowl, rather than the Super Bowl, with the help of Grammi and Papa.

Always helping....I just wish she could be helping with sunscreen rather than mittens and hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment