Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Exhausted....the good kind

Exhausting.  Packing up a car for a family of five (or less for that matter) is exhausting!  But, the ocean breezes and the promise of a day on the boat helped me get through it last Thursday.

Usually when we do a three or four day weekend at the Cape, the kids and I roll through Boston to pick up Jay.  Its not really on the way, but we enjoy his company and all being together.  We have tried this trip many ways.  We try leaving here at 4, getting in a little before 5, having dinner to avoid some traffic, then driving to the Cape.  We tried the straight through which creeps up on three hours, without bad traffic (nightmare). 

But this past week, I think I got it down.  I packed us all up in the morning.  By afternoon, we hit the local library, scored passes to the Childrens Museum and headed into Boston.  We got a metered spot without much looking and on my first attempt nailed the parallel parking.  Then we walked the short walk to the Museum and played.  On our way out, I grabbed a quick ice cream for the kids then called Jay to tell him to start walking to the car.  We all met there at 4pm then started the drive.  By 6pm, we were at the Cape and walking to one of or favorite spots, The Hot Stove, for dinner.  Perfection.  But yes, I was exhausted.
Friday we spent the day relaxing and hit the beach.  Papa arrived. Saturday, Grammi came in early morning to watch Nate so we could go on the boat (without worrying about him jumping overboard or exploring).  We went to Monomy off Chatham...where yes, there have been shark sightings.  I think my Dad and Jay specifically chartered us there for the adventure.  We didnt spot any...or any seals for that matter.

In the afternoon, Cousin Jim, DeeDee, her father Beck, and son Jameson arrived for a BBQ.  We also had overnight visitors, The Cashin Family and mom Linda.  The kids played in the back yard.  A few of us hit the beach again and we had more relaxing time.  By 9pm all children were in bed and a few adults took a walk to The Port for a evening cocktail.

Up again early Sunday for a great breakfast of french toast and huevos rancheros.  And of course, Bloody Marys.  Our houseguests left and we headed to the beach with Jack, Remy and Nate.  After dinner, we made the trip back home.

Now I have loads of laundry and unpacking to do.  I am definitely MORE exhausted then when we left.  But, I'll be doing the same thing in a little over a week :).
Guess who loves Lesli??

Our artists selling artwork
Our new favorite lawn game...thanks Uncle!

4 comments:

  1. Get your sleep this week - the Tannenbaums are comin' next week and it's gonna be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to babysit Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh looks like sooo much fun!!!! I want to go on a boat ride :)

    ReplyDelete