Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just a little patience....



I've been walking the streets at night...just tryin' to get it right....

No, I am not really referring to the Guns and Roses song but as I typed the title, I couldn't help getting the tune in my head. Great song.  Hard concept.

In my twenties and thirties, I think I have come a long way in terms of patience.  Being a Mom was probably the number one contributor to that but there were also the little things along the way.  I have learned that the best things in life, usually take the longest to come.  For instance a baby- there is nothing you can do to rush "it" along.  There is usually not much you can do to make a hard pregnancy easier.  And no matter how much you wish you could see ahead in your future with that child, he or she will come when ready.

Jack's last day of school in June....siding just off
But MAN.  My patience has been tested lately.  I am a woman on the edge in the patience department folks.

1. We decided to get new windows for our house and siding in December.  We did (or Jay did) all the work to get quotes, figure out the money etc.  We had that taken care of in April.  We chose the colors, windows, doors from there.  In June, our old siding was removed.  Its August.  Our windows are in.  Our doors are in.  Our siding is not done.

Most of my frustration comes from the fact that I am so excited.  Or I should say I was so excited.  Now I feel like it will never be done. 

Dana, Liz and Elliott in July....excited for the house to be done
There are also the annoying parts of someone banging on my house all day...like I have a 12 month old that still naps twice a day.  Or did nap twice a day.  Today= no naps.  That takes away even more patience...which I do not have.

2. No naps for Nate= not much housework for me.
I'm not talking scrubbing here.  I am talking putting away dishes.  Laundry.  Bed making.  The basics.  If I don't have the two hours or whatever a day to do this stuff without having him climb all over me, it doesn't get done.  No, I wont stay up late to do it because lets face it....

3. I'm tired.  I'm trying to make the best of Nate being awake so I've been carting the kids all over the place. 

Have you been trying to get the discounted passes from the library?  They are gone.  I've taken them all to bring the kids all over the place and enjoy the summer.

Today we went to the Ecotarium in Worcester.  Then we went to the mall.  Then we came home to banging.  Then we went for a walk.  Guess who else was tired?  All three kids....

Ecotarium today. I feel like the dino looks.

4. Nate not napping is bad.  Remy not napping is worse. 

Nate still can ride in the stroller, hold his blankie, suck his thumb.  Remy, not so much.  If she is tired, she cries a LOT.  She becomes very clumsy which = falling and more crying. Listening to her incoherent thoughts and incessant crying uses even more patience.  Which, you know by now I don't have much of.

5. All that just stems from the crazy state of my house right now.  Forget about the fact that I have been trying to get a pedicure since mid-June.  I waited three and 1/2 months too long to get my hair cut.  I have to beg borrow and steal a way to get my braces tightened....and the braces themselves require patience.

I could go on and on...but I have no patience for more complaining....

(Here's what is done on the house...and btw..I love it)
Our new door
Siding in the back and side

The house today..check out the windows. 


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this has taking so long. You are a trooper! Its so hard to get kicked out of the house with three kids while work is being done on the house. Ugh. I feel for you! But it looks fabolous!!! Once its done, it will all be worth it and you will sit back and enjoy... hopefully getting back to a normal schedule! I cant wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! No more battleship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I feel you sister. Looks great though- truly! Loved this post, btw. My fave part is when you say that you feel like the dino looks. :)

    ReplyDelete