
Awhile ago I detailed things that I like about Jay. I left off on #14 so here goes....
Reason #15:
He doesn't give me a hard time when I make a mistake. He is also not an "I told you so" person.
Picture it:
Last night Jack had a baseball game. It started to rain as I was driving there. By the time we arrived at the fields, it was pouring down rain and I was sure the game would be cancelled. It wasn't.
I told Jack that if he still wanted to play, he could, but it was raining too badly for Nate, Remy and I to leave the car. He was fine with that. I parked the car so we could see the game. Jack skipped on to the field- literally.
I put in a dvd for Remy. I ran the windshield wipers so I could see. The game was two hours. The played every minute.
When it was over, Jack came running off the field. I blinked the headlights. I was giddy about the fact it was finally time to leave.
Jack got in the car. Nate had been relaxing but all the fuss woke him. No problem, I think, we are about to get moving. Everyone buckled up????
Turn the key. Battery is dead. I start to recall Jay telling me "Never run the dvd player without the car running. It will drain the battery." SH*T, I think.
I call Jay.
"Remember how you told me never to run the dvd player without the car running?" I say. He replies that he will be right there. No hard time. No "I told you not to do this." Maybe a few chuckles.
Waiting for Jay, I notice the entire parking lot is clearing out. I try to pretend that I am not a ditzy wife waiting for her husband to bail her out of a bad situation. I look over. Another friend, also with a Honda Odyssey, is out of the car walking around in the rain. I get out of the car..."Is your battery dead too?"
"Yes" she says.
I tell her that Jay is on his way and will take care of her car as well. She is relieved. Mind you, she is also 40 weeks pregnant. Her three other boys are in the car. She let two of them watch a movie while she sat in the downpour to watch her other son.
At this point Nate is screaming his head off. He wants to get home- NOW. He wants to eat- YESTERDAY. I think to myself- at least I am not 40 weeks pregnant waiting for my forth child to arrive, with a dead battery. This keeps me slightly sane.
Jay arrives and takes care of friend. Then he fixes us up. End of nightmare.
But then there is...
REASON # 16:
Jay can always make me laugh.
We get home. He is soaked. He smiles and says
"I never would have believed it if you told me I was going to jump two soccer Moms at the same time tonight."
I ask him how long it took for him to think that one up. He says he came up with it on the way home. What a joker.
REASON #17:
He appreciates my ridiculous sense of humor.
After that, I had to think of my own joke. Later on in the evening I say to him "Guess what happened to me today?"
"What?"
"I got jumped."
Bad I know. But I love that Jay thought it was slightly humorous.
BEST POST EVER! What a great mom you are! What a fabulous husband Jay is! I love the friendship that you have with each other. I would have NEVER been able to let that one go. I would have been "I told you so-ing" all of the place on that one.
ReplyDeleteJays joke reminded me of a recent favorite Jas joke. We were doing some planting in the yard recently and realized we needed some more sophisticated tools. So Jas went to the Ace Hardward, came back, did the work. Then he came in to me and said, "honey. I have a confession to make. I got a cheep hoe and got busy in our yard."
That is fantastic! Good tip about the dvd player, would have never known. Way to go jay... Jumping 2 soccer moms in one night! Love it!!! You guys are great! Miss you!
ReplyDelete