Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Josephine Conti Herold


Josephine "Joey" Conti Herold
August 1998-February 3, 2009


When Jay and I lived in Florida, we adopted Joey. She was with us before we were engaged, my first/second/third jobs in Florida, at our wedding rehearsal (and caused us to be late), our wedding day, Jays graduation from law school, our move from Florida back to Massachusetts, Jay passing the BAR Exam and getting his first job, the birth of Jack, our move to our condo in Marlboro, our move into our first house, the birth of Remy, the announcement of Nate and many happy years in between.

I have missed her everyday since her passing. She was our first child and a member of our family.

A few weeks ago, Jack had an assignment at school. He had to write about a precious memory in his life. He was told to bring in a picture and he picked one of Joey. Here is Jacks story:

January 7, 2010
"My dogs name is Joey. She was nice. She is dead now. But I will get a new dog. She died last spring. My baby did not get to see her. When we got my dog it was not when I was alive. I was the third person alive in my family. She loved her first blanket. My dog was a girl."

I think that sums it up nicely. We miss you Joey!

Pictured: Joey in 2005 (before she was no longer allowed on the couch- poor girl) with her favorite blanket.

2 comments:

  1. So many memories... good...bad...hysterically funny... I remember when she made you late for the rehearsal. I also remember when we visited in florida and she stole Karen's bra and my socks from the suitcase and ran around with them. So funny! Jack, you summed her life up nicely!

    ReplyDelete