Sunday, April 3, 2011

Almost Famous

The kitchen re-do project got a lot of attention. 

So far I have four whole comments.  Way more than usual! Not to mention that the folks at Westboro Paint and Supply also loved it.  That was amazing enough.

But then something amazing happened.  I was put in touch with a contact at HGTV.  If you know me, its NO SECRET that I LOVE HGTV.  LOVE.  Spend WAY TO MUCH time watching it. 

I sent in the kitchen pictures.  The contact was impressed. Please note, I actually have email correspondence back and forth with the contact.  Even a little High Noon logo on her emails.  I was so excited.

Here is the good and bad part.

Last night I get an email asking for me to call her.  Call her.  My HGTV woman.  A direct line.  High Noon and all. 

I call today.  What could she want?  Was she actually going to feature my project?

Back up a second and I should mention that I had to submit what my budget had been for the kitchen re-do.  I sent in the pictures with the $2,000 price tag which included furniture. 

Okay- back to the phone call- contact answers right away.  She explains that she wants a little more information from me. 

She explains that they do not include furniture in the estimate because it is assumed that even with the move, you take your previous furniture.  So what was the cost without the furniture?

"$500" I say.

"$500" she repeats?

"Yes" I say.

"The problem is that our projects have a minimum starting point of $20,000" She says.  "But when I saw the before and after pictures I couldn't believe you did all that under $20,000.  Its amazing.  I thought you left off a zero so I had to talk to you in person. So you did all that with just paint basically?"

"Yes" I say.

"I really cant believe it.  You did a great job.  I love the personality that comes through and your style.  I wish we could feature you."  She went on to talk about when they may come to the Boston area again and that if I had a $20,000 plus project I could contact them.

So there you have it.  THE GOOD- that anyone would think I would come near spending $20,000 when all I did was buy paint and a few accessories.  THE BAD- my dream to be featured on HGTV is delayed.

In any case....I am continuing with the projects.  Stay tuned for more exciting news and pictures!

5 comments:

  1. That is very cool! When did this all happen? I can say after seeing it live in person... it def looks like a 20k + project! You have great taste! Maybe you can work towards your own design show

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! The fact that you even TALKED to someone at HGTV is AMAZING!!!! I am obsessed with HGTV. I jealz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with HGTV! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Papa and Grammi's Painting CompanyApril 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM

    You could pay the painters $19,500 and get back in the running ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very exciting, and a total bummer! your parent's comment is hysterical....

    ReplyDelete