Tuesday, April 19, 2011
April Vacation
Our April vacation has officially begun!
We spent the weekend running between baseball commitments, house updates and who knows where else.
We had a nice Sunday family dinner with everyone including Aly (the dog). She was a huge hit with Remy and Nate especially. I am hoping having Aly visit will add a few more months to the inevitable "new dog" phase of our lives.
Yesterday, we all got a big treat! Grammi and Papa took Jack and Nate to Cape Cod for an overnight. The boys were so excited. This is the first trip with both the boys and without Remy. Remy got to stay home for some girl time with me and special night with Daddy.
I tried to really live up the opportunity with my little girl. After we saw Jack and Nate off in the morning, we snuggled on the couch for some movie time. Then we showered and got ready for a lunch at SpecialTeas. Its a very cute little place in Northborough that has homemade teas, lunches and treats. We found a cute little table and planned our day together.
After lunch, we hit the mall where we planned to get Remy some new bathing suits for swimming lessons. We couldn't find a single one that fit right...I told her to get use to that- kidding....so we decided to treat ourselves to a pretzel instead.
While at the mall, Remy suggested that we call the boys (and Grammi and Papa) to see what they had been up to. Her face lit up when Jack got on the phone and they talked about their day. She also wanted them to send pictures so we could see first hand. Papa spent the rest of the trip sending us lots of cute pictures to my phone.
Monday evenings I have yoga so Jay planned to take Remy to dinner. He took her to the Old Timer in Clinton where our friends Chad and Julie frequent. They werent there BUT turns out Blinky the Clown was! She painted Remys face and made her a doggie balloon. Remy was happy to report all her favorite parts of the night when I got home.
Today, we walked to Britneys Cafe for breakfast. I couldn't resist when Remy came in this morning and suggested we go out. She thought Britneys would be a good idea because it was "just a short walk down the lane". Any plans I had to toast us up a bagel at home flew out the window with that cuteness.
After that we went to Target for a few things and picked up the movie Tangled in the process. More errands to the grocery and to pick up a few things for Daddy after that. Then more movie time.
Now we are just waiting for the boys to get home. I looked at Remy a bit ago and asked her if everything was okay. She said yes but she missed the boys. I joked that maybe she was tired of being alone with just Mommy. She said "Well, half and half." and went on to explain that she liked being with me alone, but she also like playing with Jack and Nate.
The outings were fun- but knowing that Remy loves me and spending time with her brothers makes me feel so happy. And that type of day is the best.
Thanks Grammi and Papa for taking the boys! I know they had the best time too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I forgot to bring my camera to the Cape and can't believe the pics of Jack and Nate came out so good on a Blackberry phone camera... Nate loved the beach and climbing rocks and Papa nearly won the wiffle ball game (ahead by 2 runs the top of the 9th) but lost to a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th to Jack. Grammi enjoyed her time with the boys as well. Nice post!
ReplyDeleteOne more note... the picture of Remy in the beginning is her holding a paintbrush (you see only the handle). She helped me paint the woodwork we put up in the foyer and she was a natural. Coming soon "Papa and Remy's Paint Company".
ReplyDelete