Friday, March 25, 2011

Kitchen Re-do

Before
After

We are three weeks into living in our lovely new home.  We still have a few boxes to unpack and rooms to attack but we are down to one small project left for the kitchen!  Only the window treatments remain but everything else is done. 

The main reason the kitchen is almost complete is the fact that we started before we even moved in.  Moving into my parents home meant there were lots of great memories.  It also means that because we spent so much time here, we really wanted to update things to make it our own space. 

Step One was the kitchen.  I was daunted by the task.  I felt like there were so many ways to go wrong but I made a trip to my favorite paint supplier for help.  There I met a paint specialist....have you heard of such?  Rose is basically a decorator with an unbelievable eye for color. 

I made an appointment for her to come out to the house and help.  She brought loads of nice big paint swatches.  She spent time asking my preferences and what I wanted to gain from the project......four paint colors swatches later we had our palette.

Our plan was to buy all the paint then get started on weekends while we were still living in the JB (our old house).  Truthfully though, Jay and I painted the trim work and my parents did the rest.

We can't thank them enough.  Not only would it have taken forever, but they did a wonderful job.  If you ever need wallpaper strippers and wall and cabinet painters, give them a call!  Or actually call my mom for the stripping (wallpaper only folks) but don't call my dad about the cabinets.  Apparently he wants nothing to do with this type of project again.  Did I mention we are really grateful Dad?

Here are the before and after pics....what do you think?:









4 comments:

  1. all I can say is WOW! It really looks like you gutted the whole kitchen and started from scratch. What a difference! I LOVE IT!!! Love the splashes of orange. Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: amazeballs!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks AMAZING! (or amazeballs, as Molly said- love it!) I can't believe that's the same room! And speaking of amazeballs, how about your parents for doing so much of the work?! What are they, some kind of crazy angels? Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete