When you first give birth, you hear a lot of the same thing...."It goes by SO fast". The first few sleepless months, you almost live by that saying- hoping it will in fact go by fast enough to at least make it to the day (night) when your baby sleeps well and doesn't need to eat every 15 minutes.
But blink. And then your baby is one. three. five. graduating high school. college. and so on.
For years, we would go to Jacks soccer games as a family. Remy would be the little one watching. I would sometimes walk her to the field in our stroller. She would fall asleep then wake up half way through the game. She might have a snack or walk around. Sometimes she would just watch Jack and cheer.
It really truly seems like just yesterday. Except for the fact that today we were at Remy's soccer game as a family. I was so proud of her and so sad at the same time. I can not believe that my baby girl is old enough to play town soccer. She will be in kindergarten in the fall. Everyone tells you that it will happen this fast but it is so hard to believe.
As I watched her play today, I felt like crying. I also felt so proud of her. For me, its one of the most difficult parts of being a Mom- watching my children grow up. Its also one of the most satisfying. She ran out on the field with not a care in the world. She didn't cry or yell f
When the game was over, she said that she had so much fun. She also said that the coach was "really, really nice". To which Jay and I exchanged looks. I am not ready to see her on the soccer fields, let alone think about her first crush.
I had planned a little celebration for when we got home. BBQ and cake- you cant go wrong. Jay put on his newest music mix and "It Wont Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker blasted through the ipod. It is probably the most appropriate and worst song at the sam
My baby is five and playing on a soccer team for the first time. I feel like I just brought her home from the hospital. saw her first steps. talk for the first time. ride her bike for the first time. have her first day of preschool. It all goes by so fast. I cant stop that- I can only sit back and enjoy the fact that she is happy.
Sweet kicks Remy! Can't wait to see one of your games this season.
ReplyDeleteWhoo Hooo! Way to go Remy! Marin will never be that grown up, will she? :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way. It is so bittersweet. I am glad she liked it!! Gavin just started tball. So crazy. They get big way way too fast
ReplyDelete