Yesterday, at Remy's last game, she got a trophy. After the ceremony, her coach approached me to tell me how much she enjoyed having Remy on the team. She couldn't believe what a long way she had come. From the first game when she cried because she kicked the ball the wrong way (she felt bad she had made a mistake) into the confident girl who scored goals and was fabulous at passing and managing a bunch of assists.
I was so happy that the Coach made time to speak to me but I wasn't surprised to hear what she said. I couldn't agree more. The past few months Remy has changed so much.
She has grown into a confident first grader now. She calls soccer "a sport she is really good at". She started taking karate with Jack. She reads "chapter books" like crazy. She even reads to her class during group reading time.
I love her new self confidence and watching her grow!
Now on to basketball season for Jack and karate, karate and more karate for both the (older) kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment