
Before I get into this post, let me drop a little Cincinnati knowledge on you all.
We all know I can get behind some good old fashioned Kentucky jokes. I think a good amount of our Cape Cousin Week is devoted to them. BUT, I can not deny the genius of Cincinnati Skyline Chili.
One of their most famous dishes is described on their website like this:
Our signature dish...steaming spaghetti, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili and topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.
This particular dish is called the 3-Way Chili. That name, perhaps, is the least genius thing about it depending on how you look at things. In fact, it could have put us in a little hot water this past week.
Here's the story:
Each week in third grade, a student gets to share about themselves. The student will have to complete a questionnaire, put items in an estimating jar for the class, have a secret guessing bag and bring in some family photos.
| Our last trip to Skyline with Aunt Maris |
He added 52 thumb tacks to the estimating jar. Chose a baseball for the guessing game and brought in a few pictures.
He also completed his questionnaire. While I was helping him with his work in our office, Jay was hooking up a printer in our office.
Me (to Jack) "The person I most admire is...."
Jack "My Dad"
me "because"
Jack "He is really good at three ways."
This is where I almost die of laughter but hold back because
1. Jack is very sensitive during homework time
2. Do I really want to explain why I am laughing? Probably not.
So instead, Jay and I just exchange looks and I mention that because most people in his class don't know what 3-Ways are, he should maybe just write that "he makes good chili."
He changed it to "He makes really good chili."
Phew.
Here are the rest of his answers from his All About Me questionnaire:
My birthday is July 8th
The people in my family are Mom, Dad, Remy, Nate and Me.
Something I love to do with my family is swim in our pool.
The person I most admire is My Dad because he makes really good chili.
One thing I really want to learn about is football positions because I want to know all the codes.
The place I most want to visit is Disney.
When I grow up I want to be a professional basketball player.
The best thing about me is I am good at lots of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment