Last night I took the kids to the library, made dinner for the kids, got everyone ready for bed/in bed, made 5 dozen cookies, made dinner for Jay and I, and wrapped most of our Christmas presents. That was a whirlwind enough...
But the tornado I speak of would actually be my everyday life with a 17 month old baby boy.
I can not get a single thing done with him around. Correction, I can get something done, but that only means I will have something else to clean up once I am done.
I decided to document it (once again) in the hopes that one day, when he is calm and the most relaxed, easy going guy of the bunch, I can prove that it wasn't always the case.
If you already watched the video clip, you will see that he found and dumped out an entire basket of Remy's beads. He was proud of that.
I also tried to document the living room. The over turned cups? That would be his latest project. Dumping out whatever liquid is in his cup, then finding another cup and transferring the liquids back and forth. I think I know the true meaning of "Don't cry over spilled milk" at this point. Too well.
See the open bag of goldfish? Today he added a new element to his liquid transfer game. The goldfish. Stuck at the bottom of the glass they make a real nice treat for someone. Of course he cant get them out, so that would be the spoon on the rug. His utensil for removing them.
The empty tissue box? Nate has learned to blow his nose. That is convenient bc he has been sick lately. But that also means he enjoys using 5 tissues per blow. I think its just so he can throw the tissues in the "rash" which he likes to say....and also pick through it for some other new adventure. Gross.
The presents I wrapped last night under the tree? Yes, already torn into by Nate. Those need to be moved.
The already terrible couch? If you look closely, you can see its colored with marker. Yes, washable, but who has the time to clean it with this tornado moving through?
Auntie Mollys beautiful Christmas card also makes an appearance in the video. Nate is very taken with it. He chooses to carry it around with him all over and will not let a soul touch it.
Those things are just the half of the mess. My life is crazy. My laundry isn't done. But my baby is happy and healthy....And I don't need a video to remind me of that!
That's the cutest tornado I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteLove this! Marin also loves to transfer liquids from one cup to the next. Or, when she "cooks" she likes to dump milk everywhere! Ah, childhood.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays from Leah. Baby Nate, I miss you. Happy Christmas. We are in our new house. You come to our house on Friday afternoon? We will fly to your house in the summer.
ReplyDeletelove,
leah